Servicing Windows 10 when Multiple Languages are Installed

I do not remember why, but 2 years ago when I started the journey to upgrade our devices to Windows 10, I decided to use the offline method to install language packs. At the time it seemed like a good idea and was simple enough. With a little MDT magic, I was able to deploy […]

Read More

Signing SCCM Application Object Detection Scripts

Recently I ran across an issue where task sequence was failing on installing an application.  The returned exit code was the dreaded 16389.  I have found that this exit code means the application detection rule or requirements did not process correctly. The AppDiscovery.log file showed the following error message: In-line script returned error output: & : […]

Read More

The Magic of ServiceUI.exe

Recently I was working on a project to deploy a Windows 10 SCCM/MDT task sequence.  Instead of using an HTA or other front-end script to validate information, I had a series of validation steps at the start of the task sequence.  I was checking for items such as not on battery, not on wireless, not […]

Read More